Mennonite Mission Network invites you to reserve May 15, 2013 (the third Wednesday in May), as a day of prayer for mission. Pray for mission workers around the world, for your congregation’s mission, and for the work of other congregations as we all engage in God’s mission together.
What to pray for
Mission Mosaic, Mission Network's prayer directory, is a guide to help you get to know our mission workers and what they do. You can order a copy of the Mission Mosaic online.
The Prayer Vine is a monthly calendar that gives you daily reminders of concerns that our mission workers have requested prayer for. Prayer Vines may be downloaded for free.
Our Mission Banks tools are designed to help children learn about God’s work in locations around the world. These resources can help encourage children to pray for others around the world. Download your own Mission Bank tools here.
Share your praises and prayer concerns below! Don't have the right account? Email KelseyH@MennoniteMission.Net. We'll post it to Facebook for you!
How to pray
...Any way you want! A few ideas include:
- Set up a 24-hour prayer vigil, inviting people to commit to prayer for a block of time. Download a sample 24-hour schedule in Word.
- Have people complete prayer cards to send to mission workers or service participants.
- Hold a prayer service at your Bible study, school, or church. Download: Sample morning worship service. Download Sample worship service.
- Go on a prayer walk.
- Light a candle at your desk, to focus your thoughts on prayer.
- Make a collage of pictures to remind you to pray for those people.
- Invite a small group of people to your home for a Mission Network evening. Pick a specific country where Mission Network works. Read about the country and what the mission workers are doing there. Share a meal together from that country and pray for the mission workers.
- If you have Mission Network Christian Service participants in your city, invite the members of the unit to dinner and have a time of prayer for their work.
- Invite former Christian Service participants from your congregation to share their stories, either at church or at a meal, and then pray for the ongoing work of MMN Christian Service programs.
and upload a video to YouTube about how you pray, and send a link
to us so we can post it on our website. Some questions you might answer in your video include:
- How do you pray?
- Why do you pray?
- How does prayer impact your life?
- View others’ videos for more ideas.
your creative ideas with others by letting us know
so that we can post them on the website.