Position Summary: LCC International University’s Business Administration department seeks a Christian fulltime faculty member to teach introductory and advanced courses in economics and contribute to research. The successful applicant will be able to teach a wide range of economics courses to business students generally, to business students taking advanced courses in an economics concentration, and to students in a separate program in international relations and development. A focus on economic development is preferred, but not required.
LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English. Our almost 700 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from nearly 50 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts university with a Christian worldview.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach economics courses.
• Participate in departmental and university faculty life, including meetings, committees, advising, and interaction with students.
• Keep the economics concentration up-to-date with relevant courses for today’s job market and graduate schools.
• Supervise undergraduate research theses.
• Conduct own research for publication, preferably with partners at LCC or other institutions.
• Firm commitment to supporting LCC’s mission of providing Christian liberal arts education within a diverse learning community.
• Doctorate is preferred; a Master’s degree in a business field or economics is required, with a minimum of six graduate economics courses.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Strong self-motivation and initiative.