LCC International University invites applications for the position of promotion-track, full-time faculty position (open rank) in TESOL/Applied Linguistics to begin in fall semester 2021. The position involves teaching courses within the English department, supervising senior thesis projects, and participating in the active intellectual life of the campus. Load is 4/4 equivalent, with load time potentially assigned for research and thesis advising. A modest research agenda is expected.
The University: LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. All instruction is in English and our almost 700 students come from 50 countries for an education from a Christian worldview.
- Teaching BA level courses such as Second Language Acquisition, Language Assessment, Phonetics, TESOL Methods, and Research Methods;
- Teaching academic writing courses;
- Mentoring and advising students;
- Supervising senior thesis projects;
- Commitment to scholarship in an international setting.
- PhD/ EdD in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, or related field with at least three years of related work experience;
- Demonstrated competence in teaching at the undergraduate level;
- Demonstrated record of scholarship preferred;
- Commitment to liberal arts education within the diverse international context of LCC
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview
The Department: The English Department offers the following degree program: BA in English Language and Literature, and MA in TESOL. The department also houses the PRIME program – an intensive English program for pre-university students, and also the ELI program which offers language programs for the local community. Because of the international nature of the student body, there is especially ample opportunity for research in the areas of applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, writing instruction, and language acquisition.