Senior Executive of Operations
The Senior Executive of Operations (SEO) oversees the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of Mennonite Mission Network and reports directly to the chief executive officer (CEO).
Directly Supervises: Director of Human Resources, Director of Finance, director of Information Technology
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in collaboration with the HR Director
- Oversees the daily workflow of the HR, Finance, and IT departments
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations ensuring employees are successful in professional development
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with Mennonite Mission Network employee policy
- Performs other related duties as assigned
1. Ability to design and employ comprehensive business operation plans and strategies
2. Responsibility for compliance management, including legal, tax, HIPAA, health plans, and employment compliances
3. Responsibility for management and protection of the organization's financial and non-financial assets
4. Control budget and costs; implement practices that protect the financial integrity of Mennonite Mission Network and guard against financial losses. Serve on the investment committee and be the primary point person in relating with financial management firms on investment policies and strategy. Along with the director of finance, manage endowments and relationships with financial institutions
5. Responsibility for managing the annual audit processes
6. Collaborate with CEO and other executives to set and drive organizational vision, operational strategy, hiring needs, and financial reports
7. Prepare accurate organizational performance reports on a quarterly and annual basis and present to the Board of Directors as indicated by the CEO
8. Establish policies that reinforce organizational culture in collaboration with director of human resources
9. Assist director of human resources in maintaining effective recruiting, onboarding, and retention of employees
10. Assist Director of Information Technology in creating and implementing strategic plans for ongoing use and update of IT technologies and services
11. Assess and implement new tools and practices to improve employee and organizational efficiency
12. Oversee all organizational operations and employee productivity, ensuring employees are successful in professional development
13. Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to donors, partners, vendors, board members, executive team members, and all employees
14. Oversee building management efforts in collaboration with MCUSA Executive Board staff
15. Serve as primary risk management officer for Mennonite Mission Network, lead crisis planning and management for the organization ensuring crisis planning and response policies are developed and implemented
16. Be the point person on developing and acute crisis situations, such as, but not limited to, those involving injury, death, harassment, and abuse
17. Consult and inform CEO on situations that have potential for organizational impact
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- Embraces and lives the mission, vision and values of Mennonite Mission Network and helps to create an environment in which they flourish.
- Willing to contribute to the strategic direction of Mennonite Mission Network as an organization in innovative, positive, and collaborative ways.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team
- Visionary strategic thinking with an openness to new and creative perspectives
- Ability to manage and implement innovation well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
At least five years relevant experience required
Current SHRM and/or CPA credentials required
Intercultural experience/proficiency preferred
This position requires manual dexterity, and may require the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.