Senior Executive of Ventures
The Senior Executive of Ventures (SEV) oversees the team responsible for building and maintaining an open innovation ecosystem at Mennonite Mission Network that delivers collaborative programs and services to our constituents and partners. The SEV reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Directly Supervises: Director of Global Partnerships, Director of Church/Conference Initiatives, Director of Education and Training
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in collaboration with the HR Director
- Oversees the daily workflow of the Department of Global Partnerships, Department of Church/Conference Initiatives, and Department of Education and Training
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations ensuring employees are successful in professional development
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with Mennonite Mission Network employee policy and in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Design and employ strategies to serve and resource constituents and partners
- Champion innovation and manage transition processes necessary to cultivate new opportunities
- Collaborate with CEO and other executives to set and drive organizational vision and strategy
- Prepare accurate organizational performance reports on a quarterly and annual basis and present to the Board of Directors as indicated by the CEO
- Oversight of financial health and development of the divisional budget by implementing practices that protect the financial integrity of Mennonite Mission Network
- Listen and learn from teams while seeking to transform and innovate
- Establish practices and processes that reinforce organizational culture
- Assess and implement new ideas and tools to expand opportunities and broaden engagement
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to donors, partners, board members, other executives, and all employees
- Employ a strategic approach to identify global social/cultural indicators for building a portfolio of innovative ventures in line with the mission and vision of Mission Network
- Cultivate passion in the division of Ventures for innovation that creates impact and adds vitality to MCUSA constituent churches and global partners
- Maintain an active connection to conferences and partners to identify potential opportunities and find synergies that effectively leverage organizational assets
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- Embraces and lives the mission, vision and values of Mennonite Mission Network and helps to create an environment in which they flourish.
- Willing to contribute to the strategic direction of Mennonite Mission Network as an organization in innovative, positive, and collaborative ways.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven ability to build and focus a team on strategic organizational goals
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team
- Visionary strategic thinking with an openness to new and creative perspectives
- Proven ability to manage and implement innovation well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to function well in a high-paced position and in stressful situations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or and aptitude to learn and implement additional software systems
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
At least five years relevant experience required
Intercultural experience/proficiency preferred
Multilingual proficiency preferred
This position requires manual dexterity, and may require the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.