Finance Assistant – Payroll and Benefits
Division: Mission Network Services
Function: To provide financial and benefit related services for Mennonite Mission Network in the areas described below. This position will cross train to cover other finance functions when necessary.
FTE: 1.0 Exempt
Supervised by/reports to: Senior Executive for Finance
Work teams/role: Finance team
Cross-functional work/project teams as necessary to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Manage and prepare staff payroll and the necessary reports using HRIS/payroll software (currently Paycor).
- Assist with preparation of payroll for overseas mission workers and service program participants.
- Manage state and federal payroll tax registrations and fillings, W-2's and Form 1095 filings in conjunction with HRIS/payroll software.
- Manage employee benefits in collaboration with the HR Coordinator.
- Cross train to process contributions and miscellaneous receipts.
- Manage on-line contribution systems (currently Vanco and PayPal).
- Reconcile contribution postings in databases (currently Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge) monthly.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Manage cash transfers between bank accounts.
- Manage corporate state registration filings.
- Assist in managing expense reporting (Expensify) and corporate credit card systems.
- Prepare and manage information for the annual Workmen's Compensation Audit.
- Assist in preparation of documents necessary for the annual audit.
- Participate in departmental and other organization meetings as appropriate.
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Embraces and lives the values and cultural attributes of Mennonite Mission Network and supports an environment in which they flourish.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- In harmony with Anabaptist belief and practice.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.
- Two-year business-related degree or equivalent experience in a finance office.
- Experience with benefits management and payroll processing
- Understanding of and practical experience applying basic accounting concepts and principles
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience entering transactions and producing financial reports in an accounting system.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Able to work independently, with initiative, decisiveness and good judgment.
- Accurate and quick with details.
- Sensitive, compassionate and positive; good relationship skills.
- Ability to stimulate teamwork among persons in multiple office locations and departments with diverse needs.
This position requires manual dexterity, and the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this position please send your resume to StaffRecruitment@MennoniteMIssion.net.