Director of Human Resources
Directly Supervises: Care Coordinator, Hiring and Onboarding Coordinator, Recruitment Coordinator, Training and Employee Development Coordinator, and Benefits Coordinator
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the Human Resources Department
- Oversees the daily workflow of the Human Resources Department and meets regularly with the HR team to ensure collaboration and consistency
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations ensuring employees are successful in professional development
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with Mennonite Mission Network employee policy
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Provide oversight to all human resource functions for Mission Network including recruitment, hiring/onboarding, record management, training and employee development, benefits management, and overall employee care
- Forecast employment needs to acquire and retain employees who are passionate about God's mission and committed to collaboration and partnership
- Provide leadership and expertise in designing, developing, and interpreting human resources systems and policies
- Ensure consistent coaching and performance systems in all departments for effective work teams
- Ensure that Mennonite Mission Network's employee policies and procedures are up-to-date and compliant with federal, state, and local law. Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance related to benefits, employment law, and handling protected health information
- Aid in planning harassment and abuse prevention/child safety training throughout Mission Network
- Lead in supporting a culture that demonstrates commitment to Mission Network's goals of anti-racist action and intercultural competence. Oversee resourcing and training for all employees in antiracism
- Manage budget and budget planning process for human resources
- Advocate for innovation that supports efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration in human resource function and across the organization
- Support the CEO in planning periodic all-staff gatherings and forums for organizational discernment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team
- Visionary strategic thinking with an openness to new and creative perspectives
- Ability to manage and implement innovation well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced position and in stressful situations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree preferred
At least three years related experience required
Current SHRM certification or willingness to obtain within 2 years required
- This position requires occasional travel
This position requires manual dexterity, and may require the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- Embraces and lives the mission, vision and values of Mennonite Mission Network and helps to create an environment in which they flourish.
- Willing to contribute to the strategic direction of Mennonite Mission Network as an organization in innovative, positive, and collaborative ways.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.