Marketing and Communication
Responsible for the execution of marketing content creation, and strategy. Provides leadership in marketing planning, research, and social media. Writing stories, promotional copy, educational materials and fundraising appeals for multiple channels.
Director of Marketing and Communication
Also reports to:
Writer’s Group member; Marketing Plan team member; Social Media Team leader
- Write articles, letters, brochures, ad copy, etc. for promotional and fundraising pieces.
- Lead department in testing communication product impacts.
- Assist in implementing the marketing plan process.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communication plan, process, execute and analyze marketing campaigns for Mennonite Mission Network.
- Assist in and streamline key messages across the departments to ensure consistent messaging.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns and channels, assess against KPIs, and provide strategic recommendations.
- Manage and grow online presence and engagement through social media channels, and email subscriptions.
- Work to improve SEO and other technical aspects of the website.
- Contribute to the monthly content calendar in conjunction with the Marketing/Communication team.
- Liaison with Church Relations department.
- Assist church relations team with marketing and communication planning
- Write or edit church relations and conference related products.
- Liaison with Donor Relations department.
- Develop annual funding appeal plan.
- Write funding appeals for Extending, Mustard Seeds, Jubilee letters, Giving Tuesday, and other content.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communication team, photographers, graphic designers and video producers to create original content and resources which strengthen Mission Network's brand recognition.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communication and inherent in the position.
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Embraces and lives the core values of Mennonite Mission Network and supports an environment in which they flourish.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- In harmony with Anabaptist belief and practice.
- Aspires to collaborate in all relationships. Able to forge effective, productive and trusting relationships.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism / intercultural competency training within the past three years or is willing to participate in training within one year of employment.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or communication is preferred.
- At least two years' experience in a marketing role, non-profit is preferred.
- Understands current media trends and familiarity with social media communication and inbound marketing.
- Experience in managing and growing social media channels.
- Has a good understanding of fundraising theory and strategies.
- Experience with digital marketing (SEO, keyword research, link-building etc.) and using and analyzing social media and web analytics.
- Basic understanding of the technical aspects of the web and their impact on SEO and their interpretation by social networks.
- Can work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Able to participate in teams effectively and lead teams as needed.
- Experienced with or excited to learn
- Google Analytics
- Social Media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube
- InDesign and/or Photoshop a plus.
- Able and willing to travel 10 to 15 days per year. (staff meetings, conferences, continuing education)
- Spanish fluency is preferred.
- Independent, proactive, results-focused, highly organized team-player.
- Understands or is willing to learn about Mennonite Church USA constituency and how they receive and process information.
This position requires manual dexterity, and the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.