Division: Human Resources
Department: Program HR
- Provide support and assistance to Recruitment Coordinator
- Recruit for Mennonite Mission Network (MMN) opportunities with Christian Service, International Partner Engagement, Church Relations, and Choose Service
Supervised by/reports to: Recruitment Coordinator
Work teams/role: Recruitment team member, Program HR Team member
1) Assistant to Recruitment Coordinator
- Inventory available program brochures and recruitment supplies and order more as needed.
- Schedule monthly Recruitment Team meetings and take and manage meeting minutes.
- Prepare and coordinate mailing of displays and promotional material for recruiting events.
- Assist as needed on recruitment mailings, advertisements and other promotional materials to Communication/Marketing.
2) Assist in recruitment for Mennonite Mission Network (MMN) and Choose Service opportunities based on the overall recruiting strategy.
- Set up recruitment trips as directed by the Recruitment Coordinator. Make contacts with local representatives, and work to bundle area visits together. Arrange travel.
- Represent MMN at targeted venues (colleges, high schools, camps, conferences, etc.). This will generally include some public speaking and relationship building with the faculty/staff/shoulder tappers.
- Keep records of contacts for future reference (prospective participants as well as college, school and camp personnel, etc.).
- Assist Recruitment team in development of advertising and promotion activities and recruitment strategies.
- Develop strong working relationships with Program Human Resources and other recruitment staff to ensure quick processing and placement of potential participants.
- Passion for and about God's reconciling mission to the world.
- Embraces and lives the values and cultural attributes of Mennonite Mission Network and supports an environment in which they flourish.
- Committed to Jesus Christ.
- In harmony with Anabaptist belief and practice.
- Committed to denominational and agency goals of anti-racist action. Has received anti-racism training within the past three years or is willing to participate in that training within one year of employment.
- Has an excellent ability in computer software such as Excel, Microsoft Word and database management software.
- Able to complete assignments on time, with initiative, decisiveness and good judgment.
- Excellent ability to deal with details.
- Compassionate and positive; good relational skills and ability to speak effectively in public.
- Capable and creative in utilizing social media platforms to create a positive online presence.
- Willing and able to travel independently. Significant travel is required in this position.
This position requires manual dexterity, and the ability to walk, bend, stoop or stand as necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this position please send your resume to StaffRecruitment@MennoniteMIssion.net.