In Service Adventure, participants form their faith and grow in servant leadership while living in community. Below, the Albuquerque unit describes their top memories from the past year.
- Our location: We love the mountains, sunrises, and sunsets. As well as being part of a city that boasts unique Native American art, beautiful architecture, jewelry, music and dancing.
- The folks from Albuquerque Mennonite Church who have been such great support; they have generous hearts and show us much love and care.
- Our Unit trip to the International Balloon Fiesta where we saw hundreds of hot air balloons going up and glowing at night.
- The opportunity to travel to various national parks and events in Colorado, New Mexico, and Kansas (even visiting the Mission Network office in Newton).
- Our best learning component this year was having Abby and her service dog, Stella, part of our house this year. Abby is visually impaired and she has inspired us by how she handles everyday life; her strength and determination show us that anything is possible.