Mennonite Mission Network's 2021 prayer directory is available to aid individuals and congregations in intercessory prayer.
GOSHEN, Indiana (Mennonite Mission Network) — Mission Mosaic, Mennonite Mission Network's 2021 prayer directory, has been mailed out to individuals and congregations who have expressed interest in joining God's work in the United States and around the world. We invite you to join the more than 1,200 people who have already committed to being Mission Network prayer partners.
The new Mission Mosaic brings prayer partners together with Mission Network personnel and partners around the globe. It provides names, photos, locations and contact information, so prayer partners can become better acquainted with those whose ministries they support through prayer.
Mike Sherrill, Mission Network's executive director, wrote in the Mission Mosaic introduction that the agency is walking boldly into the future and invites each reader to be part of God's mission.
"Prayer is the centerpiece that pulls the church together," said Sandy Miller, Mission Network's senior executive for resourcing and mobilization. "Ministries and workers are only effective when people are praying for God's spirit to be released and God's will to be done."
Eight years ago, Lynette Miller wrote for the Illinois Mennonite Conference's newsletter, Missional Crossroads, listing 10 reasons to sign up for a personal free copy of Mission Mosaic. These ideas are still relevant today, though they have been adapted to the context of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Pray for each mission worker by name.
- Send birthday greetings to each mission worker.
- Conduct a virtual geographical tour of the world, using a globe or map to find countries where Mission Network personnel are located.
- Count and pray for Mission Network partners within each country.
- Find the home congregations that have sent the most Mission Network personnel.
- Count how many faces or names you recognize.
- Read about the plethora of ministries in which Mission Network personnel are involved. You might think of a new idea for how you can serve.
- Give the muscles in your mouth a physical workout by pronouncing unfamiliar names.
- Peruse SOOP locations and activities for your next "servication."
- Email friends with recipes from a particular country and set up a Zoom call to share that meal together. Pray for the Mission Network personnel, local partners and Christians in the country before your meal.
I want to receive a free copy of Mission Mosaic.
I want to become a prayer partner and receive the monthly prayer calendar, Prayer Vine, and the monthly newsletter of mission updates, News Around the World.