Friends, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, Sent Conference 2020 is being postponed with hopes of rescheduling in the fall. We will update this page as plans develop. Thank you.
Mauricio Chenlo, Minister for Church Planting
Jesus is the cornerstone
April 24–26, 2020
Indonesian Light Church
Sent Conference 2020 is a Peace Church conference for church planters and anyone else interested in seeding the kingdom presence in every context of America. The fifth annual gathering of its kind, Sent 2020 will gather diverse leaders for worship, inspiration, resourcing, networking, and empowerment to take risks that nurture the birth of missional communities that express the Anabaptist vision.
Speakers, seminars, and time for conversations will create an environment for mutual support and learning. Additional details regarding the conference will be announced online closer to the date.
This invitation is extended to all those who feel
sent to the world to be a kingdom presence. No limitations on age, education, or professional background.
Coffee will be available in the mornings at Indonesian Light Church. If you enjoy eating breakfast, we recommend eating at your hotel.
Welcome and introductions|
Opening worship and biblical meditation |
"This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone" (Acts 4:11)
History and context of where we are at and how we got here|
Underground Church video|
Coffee and networking|
Worship and teaching|
"One cornerstone, many architects"
The Story of Indonesia Light Church and new churches in the area|
How flexible is the cornerstone? One Jesus, many versions
How important is to have a common Jesus Christ for the missional work?|
Hood plunge |
Local leaders lead participants in small groups to have a text of the missional contexts that surrounds the local church.
2 p.m. |
The Sent Network experience
Coaching opportunities: Project management|
- Missional group within an existing church
- Project management: Coaching missional/planting leaders
- Creating spaces for missional conversations within existing churches
- Church planting as peacemaking
- New church planting projects
- Intercultural church
- Coaching new leadership coming from other traditions
- Mobilizing church planters
Testimonies of new initiatives
Jesus spent his whole life engaging the people most of us have spent our whole lives trying to avoid.
Coffee and networking|
|9 a.m. ||
Worship and commissioning|
Closing and blessings for travel|
The City of Philadelphia
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City
237 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 • (215) 893-1600
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Bartram Ave.
8880 Bartram Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153 • (215) 365-4360
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
8840 Tinicum Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19153 • (215) 492-0700
We recognize lodging can be expensive in the Philadelphia area. Hotels near the airport appear to be cheaper options.
Transportation from the airport can be done by car rental, taxi, or ride sharing services (Uber and Lyft).
Transportation to and from Indonesian Light Church Philadelphia
(St. John's Baptist Church 1232 Tasker St. Philadelphia PA 19148) can be done by car, taxi, ride sharing services (Uber and Lyft), subway or bus.
For the subway, use the Broad Street line located on Broad Street. There are entrances near City Hall, Walnut St., Locust St., Lombard St., and South St. Head south and get off at the Tasker-Morris stop. Follow the exit signs for Tasker St. After exiting the subway station, head east on Tasker St. for 1 block. The church is located at 13th and Tasker.
For the bus, use route 4 which is located on Broad St. There are bus stops at each block. Head south (away from City Hall) and get off at Tasker St. After exiting the bus, head east towards 13th St. for 1 block.
*SEPTA, Philadelphia's public transportation system, is an efficient and easy way to navigate the city. Google Maps is extremely helpful. Enter your current location and your final destination and Google Maps will show you the best routes and time schedules. Subway and Bus fares are $2.50 each way and require exact cash.
Philly is full of delicious foods. You can find pretty much anything to fit your mood. Yelp is a great tool to help you discover exactly what you are looking for. Here are a few suggestions:
1) Reading Terminal Market – 51 N. 12th St. 19107 (indoor food market)
2) Bud & Marilyn's – 1234 Locust St. 19107
3) Green Eggs Café – 212 S. 13th St. 19107
1) Penang – 117 N. 10th St 19107
2) Nan Zhou Hand drawn Noodles – 1022 Race St. 19107 (Cash only/ATM on site)
3) QT Vietnamese Sandwich – 48 N. 10th St 19107
1) South Philly Taproom – 1509 Mifflin St. 19145
2) Sate Kampar – 1837 East Passyunk Ave 19148
3) Cantina Los Caballitos – 1651 E. Passyunk Ave 19148
4) Sky Café – 1122 Washington Ave 19147
5) Redcrest Fried Chicken – 1525 S. 11th St 19147
1) Wawa – 201 S. Broad St. 19107
2) La Colombe Coffee Roasters – 1414 S. Penn Square 19107
1) Artisan Boulanger Patissier – 1218 Mifflin St 19148
2) Pizzeria Pesto – 1925 S. Broad St. 19148
3) Ramayana Restaurant – 1740 S. 11th St 19148
A few ideas in downtown:
1) City Hall / Dilworth Plaza / Love Park
2) Penn's Landing
3) Spruce Street Harbor Park
4) Philadelphia Museum of Art
5) Liberty Bell / Independence National Historical Park
6) Rittenhouse Square
7) Reading Terminal Market
9) Philadelphia's Magic Garden