Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) is looking for a volunteer intern interested in:
- Serving our mission of ending homelessness in San Francisco through the delivery of innovative and excellent property management services to 570 of San Francisco's most vulnerable citizens.
- Learning about Permanent Support Housing as a solution to homelessness and serving people with mental health and physical health challenges.
- Delivering excellent customer service to our tenants and working to connect them with the wider community and enhancing their health and wellbeing.
- Gaining experience with nonprofit administration, development, and finance.
Every day, we provide high-quality, permanent housing to San Franciscans who suffer from serious health issues. With our help, they can get off the streets, rebuild their lives, and strengthen our communities.
We believe that everyone deserves a home.
DISH, a social venture of the Tides Center, provides custom property management services exclusively to the San Francisco Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing program. DISH manages eight residential hotels that provide permanent supportive housing for 570 formerly homeless adults. Through its work, DISH hopes to demonstrate the healing effects of home and stable community, to reinforce the self-worth of persons who have not had access to a clean, beautiful place to live, and to involve tenants in healthy and life affirming activities by drawing upon the diverse opportunities in San Francisco. To achieve these goals, DISH focuses on customer service and staff professional development by creating a welcoming, vibrant and learning culture (Please see our website at dishsf.org for more information about DISH.)
This is a great volunteer opportunity for someone who likes variety in their job, wants to be part of an exciting, evolving social justice organization, enjoys handling tasks independently, and can exercise discretion and independent judgment. We are seeking an organized and motivated person to develop and execute special projects related to the development and operation of an innovative nonprofit in the areas of community programming, fundraising/marketing, and communications. DISH has been a happy home for several MVS volunteers through the years, most of whom have gone on to permanent positions and careers in the Bay Area.
- Community Building: Improve the quality of life, sense of community and wellbeing of DISH supportive housing tenants! Assists building managers and the Fund Development Manager with the development and coordination of enriching programming and events for our tenants including classes, activities and events.
- Communication and Marketing: Spread the word about DISH! Creates and publishes masterpieces of internal communication such as the periodic staff newsletter ("The DISHrag") and Tenant Newsletter. Participates and contributes to DISH's social media strategy, including helping to update and maintain DISH's website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Staff Training and Development: Build and maintain the outstanding DISH team! Assists the Operations Manager on coordinating trainings and other events and activities to maintain and build staff skills and morale and improve services to our tenants.
- Fundraising: Increase support for the DISH's mission! Provides support to the Fund Development Manager in securing extra support including dollars, donated goods and services for our tenants. Assist with fundraising campaigns, including the best annual fundraising event in town. Build and maintains relationships with DISH supporters.
- Performs additional projects as assigned by Operations Manager/Directors.