Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) is looking for a volunteer intern interested in:
- Serving our mission of ending homelessness in San Francisco through the delivery of innovative and excellent property management services to 450 of San Francisco's most vulnerable citizens.
- Learning about Permanent Support Housing as a solution to homelessness and serving people with mental health and physical health challenges.
- Delivering excellent customer service to our tenants and working to connect them with the wider community and enhancing their health and wellbeing.
- Gaining experience with nonprofit administration, development, and finance.
DISH, a project of the Tides Center, provides custom property management services exclusively to the San Francisco Department of Public Health's Direct Access to Housing program. DISH manages six residential hotels that provide permanent supportive housing for 450 formerly homeless adults. Through its work, DISH hopes to demonstrate the healing effects of home and stable community, to reinforce the self-worth of persons who have not had access to a clean, beautiful place to live, and to involve tenants in healthy and life affirming activities by drawing upon the diverse opportunities in San Francisco. To achieve these goals, DISH focuses on customer service and staff professional development. (Please see our website at dishsf.org for more information about DISH.)
This is a great volunteer opportunity for someone who likes variety in their job, wants to be part of a developing social justice organization, enjoys handling tasks independently, and can exercise discretion and independent judgment. We are seeking a highly organized and motivated person to develop and execute special projects related to the development and operation of a young, innovative nonprofit in the areas of community programming, fundraising/marketing, communications, operations, and finance.
- Community Building: Assists General Managers and Project Manager with the development and coordination of programming to enhance our tenants' health, wellbeing and sense of community belonging.
- Fundraising: Assists with securing donated goods and services to improve tenant experience of DISH buildings and general quality of life. Assists with development and coordination of fundraising events, direct mail campaigns, donor tracking and acknowledgement, social media communication and website updating.
- Communication and Marketing: Develops content and does layout work for internal DISH publications including the periodic staff newsletter, "The DISHrag" and the periodic Tenant Newsletter. Participate and contribute to DISH' social media strategy, including helping to update and maintain DISH's website, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Staff Training and Development: Assists Operations Manager on coordinating trainings and other events and activities to maintain and build staff skills and morale.
- Office Management: Assists with day to day Central Office administration including: ordering/maintaining office supplies, maintaining equipment (copy machine, fax,
printer, telephones), filing of finance and human resources documents both electron-
ically and to hard copy files.
- Performs additional projects as assigned by Operations Manager/Directors.