Thursday, April 20, 2017
Friday, May 12, 2023
Shared Voices: Mennonite Mission Network guidelines for anti-racism and anti-sexism communication exemplifies Mennonite Mission Network’s commitment to antiracist, anti-sexist and anti-oppressive action and awareness.
More than 20 years of international experience gives us a measure of expertise. However, we acknowledge that our organization remains on a journey as we promote the way of peace, justice and equity through Jesus Christ. These guidelines are meant as a tool to invite reflection and dialogue throughout Mission Network and beyond.
Shared Voices aims to:
- Support mission workers, partners and people they work alongside to tell their stories whenever and wherever possible.
- Give the greatest possible control of written copy and media to mission partners.
- Write third-person stories and other reports in ways that accurately depict partners and others in non-stereotypical ways.
- Photograph and record scenes in ways that avoid exoticism and depict partners in non-stereotypical ways.
- Focus on the assets and abilities of our partners and the people they work alongside, even as we identify their areas of need.
By Mennonite Mission Network staff
<img alt="" src="https://assets.mennonites.org/PublishingImages/2023/SharedVoicesAnti-Racism_C23_cover_sm.jpg" style="BORDER:0px solid;" />